Pumpkin Carving with Yum Chicken and Mung Bean
- 1 cup Ground chicken
- 1 cup Mung bean thread (measure after soaking in water until soft)
- 2 tablespoons mints leaves, finely cut
- Half a tomato cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely cut
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, finely cut
- Half a yellow pepper, cut small
- 1 lime or 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Maggi sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or light soy sauce
- 2 hot Thai chilis, very finely cut
Cook the ground chicken in 2 tablespoons of water. Set aside.
In a separate pot, boil water and add mung bean thread for 1 minute. Drain and run through cold water.
In a cup, mix together lime juice, fish sauce and Maggi sauce.
Mix together the ground chicken and mung bean thread with the remaining ingredients, and make sure everything is blended well together.
While I’ll generally fill my decorative fruit and vegetable carving bowls with fruit, they are also fantastic for serving some delicious Thai food dishes at your nextd special meal!
To learn how to make a unique fruit and vegetable carving, find out more about our upcoming Thai carving lessons. Last one for 2012 takes place this weekend, on October 20-21st!